Sunday 12 July 2015

Huntingford helm impeder implemented

Back in January, I posted about the Huntingford helm impeder, indicating the intention to try the same on Daisy II.  Today, I put together nearly all pieces of the jigsaw.  The only piece which is missing is the final cleat on the side of the tiller handle, currently somewhere in the post.  Hence, I took a couple of turns in the rope around the tiller for today.  However, the good news is that it works, and works rather well!  I need to experiment with a few of the lengths but this looks like the shape of things for the remainder of the year at least!

Huntingford helm impeder
An alternative view
The other moment of excitement on today's trip was an unplanned encounter with a yacht which had trapped its spade anchor under one of its bilge keels.  I was called over and, after a bit of messing about, managed to help them slide the anchor free.
9.5nm


No comments:

Post a Comment