Sunday, 7 October 2018

Rutland Water

It's not been a great September.  The Hickling Broad rally had to be cancelled due to a poor forecast.  The diary dictates that October may well not be any better.  This weekend had the potential to be a mini-cruise but yesterday's weather destroyed that prospect.  So, today's sail was just a token of what might have been. 
As wild as conditions were 24 hours previously, today they were almost benign.  I had to row out of Whitwell Creek before there was any sense of a breath of wind.  But then things picked up for a pleasant, if slow sail up the northern arm of the water. 

So, it could well be that this is the last sail before mid November - but we'll have to see what opportunities open up.