It's not been a great September. The Hickling Broad rally had to be cancelled due to a poor forecast. The diary dictates that October may well not be any better. This weekend had the potential to be a mini-cruise but yesterday's weather destroyed that prospect. So, today's sail was just a token of what might have been.
As wild as conditions were 24 hours previously, today they were almost benign. I had to row out of Whitwell Creek before there was any sense of a breath of wind. But then things picked up for a pleasant, if slow sail up the northern arm of the water.