Sunday 14 July 2013

High pressure rules

Today I achieved some footage of Pamela Jean, a Drascombe Coaster new to the Orwell this season.



A sign of a good sail is the lack of need for the outboard motor which, today, remained dutifully silent throughout.  Winds were light, and steady F2/3 south easterly.  I began by working my way downstream against the tide and wind; by keeping away from the main channel, tidal currents were less strong, and progress was made.  A run upstream with the remainder of the tide was punctuated by a brief stop on the south shore of the river, to scrub the waterline which had accumulated some summer weed.  

Daisy II waiting for a scrub down
Once opposite Freston Tower, much as last week, I then turned and had a very pleasant beat in the best of the day's breeze back to the mooring.

11.7nm; Season's total: 246.5nm



2 comments:

  1. I also took a photo of Pamela Jean making her way down The Orwell on Thursday as I was crewing for a pal on Shamu (Colvic Sailor) on our way back to Fox's from Woodbridge. Would be happy to email a copy to you to forward on if you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derek,
    That would be really splendid. I have the skipper's contact details and will happily forward your picture. Email to coasterdaisyii at hotmail dot co dot uk.

    ReplyDelete