Sunday 14 October 2012

October 14, quick sail and a drive

Following commitments at home, this weekend, there was only really time for a quick afternoon sail, by which time a strong ebb had already set.  I quickly gave up on any idea of sailing against both the tide and a firm F3/4 breeze, and ate lunch as I motored upstream.  After this, I had a gentle sail back to the mooring.

4.3nm, Season's total: 428.6nm

At this point, the tide was already disappearing from the end of Pin Mill Hard, so I went back ashore, and drove round to have a look at Holbrook Creek from land, something I'd never previously done, although I have, once or twice, looked in from sea.  Amongst many fine boats, I counted four Drascombes.
Drascombes at Holbrook Creek

Holbrook Creek, looking south west

Holbrook Creek, looking south

Holbrook Creek; more Drascombes; looking south east
Note to self: must return by sea and stop for an evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment