Sunday 10 June 2012

June 10th, calm after the storm...

11.5nm; season's total 144.8nm

Following several days of high winds and rain - a 'European Monsoon', we are told - it was time to get back to some sailing.
 This was a strange track!  I had nowhere in particular to go, and a whole afternoon in which to achieve it.  Winds were light - F2-3, and the tide was against me, but I decided to see how far I could go tacking my way against wind and tide, and experimenting with both short and long tacks.

As ever, something decided not to work: on this occasion, the echo sounder was not playing.  When I inspected it, the device normally sits in a pot of oil but this was empty and seemed to have leaked itself dry.  I'm not really in a position to fix this until later in the summer.  I have temporarily refilled it, and it now works, but will have to monitor this over the coming weeks.

Winds were so light, I was able to leave the helm and take a few snaps from strange positions.





No comments:

Post a Comment