Sunday 7 October 2012

October 6, Trip to Erwarton Ness

Winds were light and mainly north westerly, today.  I motor sailed against the tide around to Harwich harbour, and then sailed up the Stour as far as Erwarton Ness, where I landed for a picnic.  
A post-lunch sail took me towards Holbrook Bay just past high water, after which I turned and sailed back towards Harwich, at which point the wind completely dropped.  I motored back to the mooring.  Outboard woes have diminished, and the engine behaved impeccably...
Picnic at Erwarton Ness, River Stour

River Stour from Erwarton, looking West

Erwarton, looking east towards Harwich docks

Mizzen Boom, still going strong...
Considering the boom was experimental, and very much intended for one season only, it is still working well coming towards the end of this second season.  During the winter, I intend altering the uphaul arrangements but, otherwise, I think I'll keep it going...

16.9nm; season's total: 424.3nm

No comments:

Post a Comment